Need a Health professional?
Shreyaansh Lifesciences, Jaipur. India
Verapamil was approved for medical use in the United States in 1981. It is on the World Health Organization’s List of Essential Medicines. Verapamil is available as a generic medication.
Long acting formulations exist. In 2019, it was the 141st most commonly prescribed medication in the United States, with more than 4 million prescriptions.
- API – Verapamil hydrochloride
- Packaging – Tablets
- Strength – 40mg, 80mg, 120mg
What Is Verapamil Used For?
Verapamil is a calcium ion influx inhibitor (slow-channel blocker or calcium ion antagonist), used:
- For the management of mild/moderate hypertension and renal hypertension, used alone or along with other antihypertensive therapy.
- For the management and prophylaxis of angina pectoris (including variant angina).
- For the treatment and prophylaxis of paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia and the reduction of the ventricular rate in atrial fibrillation/flutter. Verapamil should not be used for atrial fibrillation/flutter in patients with Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome.
All Trademarks and Brands that appear on website belong to their respective owners and Ikris Pharma Network does not lay and claim on them we only provide Information. We are NOT ONLINE store and We do not sell Narcotics and Sedatives. Iron Sucrose is a pharmaceutical drug that legally requires a medical prescription to be dispensed. Following Information meant for Wholesalers, Suppliers, Exporters, Doctors, Comparator Supplies, Hospitals, Generic, Brand, Corporate Sourcing, reseller, and Pharmacies.
Get Access To Verapamil Hydrochloride Tablets 40 mg
Facts of Medicines
HOW SUPPLIED/STORAGE AND HANDLING:
Store at 59° to 77°F (15° to 25°C) and protect from light. Dispense in the tight, light-resistant containers.
VERAPAMIL SIDE EFFECTS
The most commonly reported Verapamil side effects include: constipation, nausea, low blood pressure, dizziness and headache.
The recommended dosage of Verapamil is taken exactly as prescribed, 3 to 4 times a day, with or without food. The verapamil 80 mg tablets are scored and can be splitted or divided into halves at time of use to obtain a 40 mg dose. Once divided, both halves of the tablet should be used within a period of 24 hours or discarded.
Angina: As per findings the usual verapamil dose is 80 to 120 mg three times daily. However, 40 mg three times daily may be warranted in patients who may have an increased response to verapamil (eg, decreased hepatic function, elderly, etc). Upward titration should be based on therapeutic efficacy and safety evaluated around eight hours after dosing. Dosage can be increased at daily (eg, patients with unstable angina) or weekly intervals until optimum clinical response is obtained.
Arrhythmias: The verapamil tablets dosage in digitalized patients with chronic atrial fibrillation ranges from 240 to 320 mg daily in divided (t.i.d. or q.i.d.) doses. The dosage of verapamil for prophylaxis of PSVT (non-digitalized patients) ranges from 240-480 mg daily in divided (t.i.d. or q.i.d.) doses. In general, maximum effects for any given dosage will be apparent during the initial 48 hours of therapy.
Essential hypertension: Dose should be individualized by titration. The usual initial monotherapy dose in clinical trials was 80 mg three times a day (240 mg daily). Daily dosages of 360 & 480 mg have been used but there is no evidence that dosages beyond 360 mg provided added effect. Consideration should be given to beginning titration at verapamil 40mg tablets three times daily in patients who might respond to lower doses, such as the elderly or individuals of small stature. The antihypertensive effects of Verapamil are evident within the first week of therapy. Upward titration should be based on therapeutic efficacy, assessed at the end of the dosing interval.
WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS
- The verapamil uses should be stopped or avoided in patients with severe left ventricular dysfunction or moderate to severe signs of cardiac failure and in patients with any degree of ventricular dysfunction in case they are receiving a beta-adrenergic blocker.
- Patients with the milder ventricular dysfunction should, if possible, be controlled with optimum doses of digitalis and/or diuretics prior to the verapamil 120 mg tablet treatment.
- Periodic monitoring of liver function in patients receiving verapamil is therefore prudent.
- Since verapamil medicine is highly metabolized by the liver, administer it cautiously to patients with impaired hepatic function.
- Careful and precise monitoring for abnormal prolongation of the PR interval or other signs and symptoms of excessive pharmacologic effects should be carried out.
- It may be necessary to decrease the dosage of verapamil generic medication when it is administered to patients with attenuated neuromuscular transmission.
FAQs – Medicine Questions
What is Piperacillin Tazobactam?
The verapamil hydrochloride is a calcium channel blocker, known to work by relaxing the muscles of heart and blood vessels. It is used for the treatment of hypertension (high blood pressure), angina (chest pain), and certain heart rhythm disorders
What are dosage strengths of piperacillin tazobactam?
Verapamil HCL specifically is a calcium channel blocker.
How is Piperacillin Tazobactam administered?
Verapamil comes as tablets for oral administration.
Where can I busy Verapamil HCL injection?
You can buy Verapamil HCL injection from any authorized whole-seller after getting a prescription from a qualified doctor. It is always better to check the credential of the whole-seller/supplier/exporter before buying the product.
The buyer should check the existing law in their home country before importing the product.
What is the procedure to buy Verapamil HCL?
Patients can simply fill the order form or can send mail at email@example.com. Patients can also send WhatsApp messages to +91 98738 10020. We will reply ASAP with the details of the Verapamil HCL price as well as procurement procedure.
Note:- The order will be confirmed only after the receipt of the Valid prescription of the Clinician.
Is Verapamil generic brand available in India?<br />
NEWS / UPDATES