Need a Health professional?
Shreyaansh Lifesciences, Jaipur. India
Favipiravir Tablets was approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 2014. It is on the World Health Organization’s List of Essential Medicines.
- Brand Name – Fabi flu
- API – Favipiravir
- Packaging – 1*34 Tablets
- Strength – 200 mg
- Manufacturer Name – Glenmark
What is favipiravir used for?
Favipiravir 200 mg is the first oral antiviral medication under the trade name FabiFlu for the treatment of mild to severe COVID-19 cases, Glenmark Pharmaceutical launch this medication. This medicine shows 80-88% efficacy in global clinical trials and it is currently used in Japan and UAE for the Covid-19 treatment.
On 19 June 2020, India drug regulator approved Fabiflu for oral administration in India.
All Trademarks and Brands that appear on website belong to their respective owners and Ikris Pharma Network does not lay and claim on them we only provide Information. We are NOT ONLINE store and We do not sell Narcotics and Sedatives. Iron Sucrose is a pharmaceutical drug that legally requires a medical prescription to be dispensed. Following Information meant for Wholesalers, Suppliers, Exporters, Doctors, Comparator Supplies, Hospitals, Generic, Brand, Corporate Sourcing, reseller, and Pharmacies.
Get Access To Favipiravir Tablets 200 mg
Facts of Medicines
SUPPLIED/STORAGE AND HANDLING
Care should be exercised in the handling of Avigan. Avigan tablets should not be opened or crushed. The tablets should be stored at room temperature.
FAVIPIRAVIR SIDE EFFECTS
Some common side effects of the Fabiflu are swelling all over the body, muscle pain, asthma attack, gastrointestinal upset, miscarriages, hay fever, and allergic dermatitis.
The use of favipiravir in pregnancy is restricted as it may cause fetal damage.
WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS
- Favipiravir mainly causes early embryonic death when studied in animals. Recommendation of this medication should be avoided to pregnant women.
- The most effective contraceptive method should be taken during treatment. If pregnancy occurs the treatment should immediately be stopped.
- Avigan is not given in case of bacterial infection.
- Favipiravir is not recommended for children.
- This drug should not be consumed if the patient has any history of hypersensitivity with any ingredients of the product.
- This drug should only be consumed when influenza-like symptoms appear.
- Examination should be held in order to examine the necessity of Favipiravir before use.
- The probability of distribution of Favipiravir in sperm is high. During the administration of this medication to male patients. Fully elaborate the risk and also instruct for avoiding the sexual intercourse during and for seven days and after the end of the treatment.
Favipiravir should be taken orally at about the same time each day, either with or without food. Favipiravir tablets should be swallowed whole with water. The tablet should not be opened, broken, or chewed. For patients with COVID-19, the usual dosage of favipiravir for adults is 1800 mg orally twice daily on day 1, followed by 800 mg orally twice daily for 14 days.
FAQs – Medicine Questions
What are the uses of Favipiravir?
Favipiravir is an antiviral medication that works against type A and type B influenza viruses. It is used for the treatment of mild to severe Covid-19 infection. It inhibits the replication of influenza A and B.
What are the ingredients in Favipiravir?
The active ingredient is Favipiravir, and the inactive ingredients are povidone, colloidal silicon dioxide, low-substituted hydroxypropyl cellulose, crospovidone, sodium stearyl fumarate, hypromellose, titanium dioxide, talc, yellow ferric oxide.
How to store the medicine Favipiravir?
Store the Favipiravir tablets at room temperature.
Where can I buy Favipiravir Tablets?
You can buy Favipiravir Tablets from any authorized whole-seller after getting a prescription from a qualified doctor. It is always better to check the credential of the whole-seller/supplier/exporter before buying the product.
The buyer should check the existing law in their home country before importing the product.
What is the procedure to buy Favipiravir Tablets?
Patients can simply fill the order form or can send mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Patients can also send WhatsApp messages to +91 98738 10020. We will reply ASAP with the details of the Favipiravir Tablets price as well as procurement procedure.
Note:- The order will be confirmed only after the receipt of the Valid prescription of the Clinician.
NEWS / UPDATES
- U Agrawal et al, Favipiravir: A new and emerging antiviral option in Covid 19, [Revised on 2020] [Accessed on 12th Apr 2021], https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7467067/pdf/main.pdf
- Ghasemnejad-Berenji M, Pashapour S. Favipiravir and COVID-19: A. Drug Res, 2021, 71: 166–170 [Accessed on 12th Apr 2021], https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8043595/pdf/10-1055-a-1296-7935.pdf
- Y Furuta, Favipiravir (T-705), a broad-spectrum inhibitor of viral RNA Polymerase, Proc Jpn Acad Ser B Phys Biol Sci, 2017, 93(7):449-463 [Accessed on 12th Apr 2021], https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/28769016/
- Ciplamed, [Revised on 27th Nov 2020] [Accessed on 8th Jun 2021], https://www.ciplamed.com/content/ciplenza-tablets