Need a Health professional?
Shreyaansh Lifesciences, Jaipur. India
Remdesivir Injection is an injectable antiviral drug produced by Gilead Sciences Inc. It is the first drug to have received approval from the USFDA in October 2020, making it the first medicine for treating COVID-19 infections.
- API – Remdesivir
- Packaging – Single Use Vial
- Strength – 100 mg/20 mL
- Manufacturer Name – GILEAD Sciences
What is remdesivir used for?
REMDESIVIR is basically an adenosine nucleoside triphosphate analog. Which was originally developed for treating hepatitis C and was then tested against Ebola virus disease and also Marburg virus disease, but was ineffective for all of these viral infections.
On 1 May 2020, the U.S. FDA (Food and Drug Administration) granted Gilead Emergency Use Authorization for remdesivir to be distributed and used by licensed health care providers to treat adults and children hospitalized with severe COVID‐19.
On 4th June 2020, this drug (GS-5734) was approved to be distributed and used for the treatment of COVID-19 cases. It has an inhibitory effect on human coronavirus and on pathogenic animals. This medication is also effective against severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus and Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus.
All Trademarks and Brands that appear on website belong to their respective owners and Ikris Pharma Network does not lay and claim on them we only provide Information. We are NOT ONLINE store and We do not sell Narcotics and Sedatives. Iron Sucrose is a pharmaceutical drug that legally requires a medical prescription to be dispensed. Following Information meant for Wholesalers, Suppliers, Exporters, Doctors, Comparator Supplies, Hospitals, Generic, Brand, Corporate Sourcing, reseller, and Pharmacies.
Get Access To Remdesivir Injection 100 mg
Facts of Medicines
SUPPLIED/STORAGE AND HANDLING
Care should be exercised in the handling of REMDESIVIR. It should not be opened or crushed. Diluted solution should be stored for infusion up to 4 hours at room temperature (20°C to 25°C [68°F to 77°F]) or 24 hours at refrigerated temperature (2°C to 8°C [36°F to 46°F]).
Remdesivir should always be administered via IV (intravenous) infusion only. The medication shouldn’t be administered as an IM (intramuscular) injection.
REMDESIVIR SIDE EFFECTS
COVID‑19: In several studies, some of the most common side effects of remdesivir reported which are as: respiratory failure and organ impairment, including low potassium, low albumin, low count of red blood cells, low count of platelets, and yellow discoloration of the skin. Other observed adverse effects are elevated transaminase levels in the blood (liver enzymes), gastrointestinal distress, and infusion site reactions.
A few more possible adverse reactions of remdesivir include: vomiting, low blood pressure, nausea, sweating, shivering and Increases in levels of liver enzymes.
WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS
- Use of Remdesivir is contraindicated in those patients who are with known hypersensitivity to any ingredient of it.
- The use of Remdesivir is not recommended while on pregnancy. It may cause severe harm to an unborn baby.
- Patients with this drug, Hepatic laboratory testing should be recommended as well as performed in prior to initiating remdesivir and daily while receiving remdesivir.
- Care should be recommended while admixture in order to prevent inadvertent microbial contamination.
- This product contains no preservatives. A single-dose remdesivir vial that is not used should be discarded after a diluted solution is prepared.
- Administration of prepared diluted solutions should be avoided simultaneously with any other drugs.
- The existing compatibility of remdesivir injection with medications and IV solutions other than 0.9% saline is not specified.
- If symptoms of a clinically significant infusion reaction occur, patients should immediately discontinue the administration of remdesivir and also initiate appropriate treatment options.
- Some laboratory tests should be performed daily while receiving remdesivir which are as follows: serum chemistries, hematology, ALT, AST, bilirubin, and alkaline phosphatase; renal function tests (creatinine and creatinine clearance).
- Neither save, nor reuse unused remdesivir lyophilized powder, injection solution, or diluted solution for infusion for further and future use. This product contains no preservatives.
FAQs – Medicine Questions
What kind of drug Remdesivir is?
Remdesivir is mainly a nucleoside ribonucleic acid (RNA) polymerase inhibitor.
What are the ingredients of Remdesivir?
The active ingredient is Remdesivir, and the inactive ingredients are betadex sulfobutyl ether sodium, water for Injection.
What should one tell the doctor before taking Remdesivir medicine?
Before taking Remdesivir medicine, one should tell the doctor the following medical conditions:
Have kidney problems
Have liver problems
Pregnant or plan to become pregnant
Allergic to ingredients of Remdesivir
Where can I buy Remdesivir Injection?
You can buy Remdesivir Injectionn from any authorized whole-seller after getting a prescription from a qualified doctor. It is always better to check the credential of the whole-seller/supplier/exporter before buying the product.
The buyer should check the existing law in their home country before importing the product.
What is the procedure to buy Remdesivir Injection?
Patients can simply fill the order form or can send mail at email@example.com. Patients can also send WhatsApp messages to +91 99292 77766 / 98738 10020 We will reply ASAP with the details of the Remdesivir Injection price as well as procurement procedure.
Note:- The order will be confirmed only after the receipt of the Valid prescription of the Clinician.
What are the common side effects of Remdesivir?
Nausea vomiting and increased liver enzymes are a common side effect.
NEWS / UPDATES
- Gilead Sciences, US food and drug administration [Revised on Oct 2020] [Accessed on 27th Mar 2021], https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2020/214787Orig1s000lbl.pdf
- Gilead Sciences, Electronic medicines compendium (EMC) [Revised on Jan 2021] [Accessed on 27th Mar 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.11597.pdf
To be sold by retail on prescription of a registered doctor only (Entecavir) tablets, for oral use.
REMWIN 100MG INJECTION
Mfr: SUN PHARMACEUTICAL INDUSTRIES LTD
Mfr: JUBILANT GENERICS LTD
REMDAC 100MG INJECTION
Mfr: ZYDUS CADILA