Need a Health professional?
Shreyaansh Lifesciences, Jaipur. India
Tacrolimus Injection was first approved by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 1994, for use in liver transplantation; the indications were extended to include kidney transplants. Generic versions of tacrolimus were approved in the US in 2017.
- Brand Name – Prograf
- Innovator Brand Name – Prograf
- API – Tacrolimus
- Packaging – 10 Capsules
- Strength – 0.5mg, 1mg, 5 mg.
- Manufacturer Name – Astellas Pharma
What is tacrolimus used for?
Tacrolimus Injection (Prograf) is a calcineurin-inhibitor immunosuppressant drug mainly indicated for the treatment of:
Prophylaxis of organ rejection in patients receiving allogeneic liver, kidney, or heart transplants: patients after an allogeneic organ transplant to lower the risk of organ rejection. It achieves this by inhibiting calcineurin involved in the production of interleukin-2, a molecule that promotes the development and proliferation of T cells, which are vital to the body’s learned (or adaptive) immune response.
Tacrolimus is also can be recommended in the treatment of other T cell-mediated diseases such as eczema and psoriasis (for which it is applied to the skin in a medicated ointment), severe refractory uveitis after the transplant of bone marrow, Kimura’s disease, skin condition vitiligo and exacerbations of minimal change disease.
All Trademarks and Brands that appear on website belong to their respective owners and Ikris Pharma Network does not lay and claim on them we only provide Information. We are NOT ONLINE store and We do not sell Narcotics and Sedatives. Iron Sucrose is a pharmaceutical drug that legally requires a medical prescription to be dispensed. Following Information meant for Wholesalers, Suppliers, Exporters, Doctors, Comparator Supplies, Hospitals, Generic, Brand, Corporate Sourcing, reseller, and Pharmacies.
Get Access To Tacrolimus Injection 0.5 mg
Facts of Medicines
SUPPLIED/STORAGE AND HANDLING
Care should be exercised in the handling of PROGRAF. Prograf capsules should not be crushed or opened. Stores permitted between 15°C-30°C (59°F-86°F).
Tacrolimus should be taken orally at about the same time each day, either with or without food. Tacrolimus capsules should be swallowed whole with water. The tacrolimus capsules should not be broken, opened, or chewed. Administration of capsules consistently with or without food would be better; do not drink grapefruit juice.
TACROLIMUS SIDE EFFECTS
The most common as well severe side effects of tacrolimus include cardiac damage, infection, confusion, weakness, depression, vivid nightmares, cramps, neuropathy blurred vision, liver and kidney problems, loss of appetite, lung damage, burning or itching sensation, headache, cough, and burning eye.
WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS
- Genetic testing should be indicated in order to detect whether a person is at higher risk of developing hypersensitivity.
- Abacavir may not be added as a single agent when antiretroviral regimens are changed because of loss of the virologic response.
- Patients with liver disease should be watchful and cautious in order to abacavir because it can aggravate the condition.
- In patients with Abacavir, conditions like immune reconstitution inflammatory syndrome, a change in body fat as well as an increased risk of heart attack may occur.
- Abacavir is not recommended for use in infants who are under 3 months of age.
- Cases like lactic acidosis and severe hepatomegaly with steatosis occurred with the use of nucleoside analogues.
- Sometimes serious hypersensitivity reactions have been associated with abacavir sulfate.
FAQs – Medicine Questions
Are Tacrolimus Immunosuppressant?
Tacrolimus is a macrolide immunosuppressant produced by Streptomyces tsukubaensis.
How does Tacrolimus protect someone’s new organs?
The body’s immune system protects it against anything that it does not recognize as part of the body. When a person has a liver, kidney, or heart transplant, the immune system does not recognize the new organ as a part of the body and tries to get rid of it, too. Tacrolimus protects the new organ by slowing down the body’s immune system.
What should I avoid while on with the Tacrolimus?
While you take Tacrolimus you should not receive any live vaccines such as: flu vaccine through your nose, measles, mumps, rubella, polio by mouth, BCG (TB vaccine), yellow fever, chicken pox (varicella) and typhoid.
Where can I buy Tacrolimus injection?
You can buy Tacrolimus injection from any authorized whole-seller after getting a prescription from a qualified doctor. It is always better to check the credential of the whole-seller/supplier/exporter before buying the product.
The buyer should check the existing law in their home country before importing the product.
What is the procedure to buy Tacrolimus Injection?
Patients can simply fill the order form or can send mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Patients can also send WhatsApp messages to +91 99292 77766 / 98738 10020 We will reply ASAP with the details of the Tacrolimus Injection price as well as procurement procedure.
Note:- The order will be confirmed only after the receipt of the Valid prescription of the Clinician.
Who should not take Tacrolimus?
Do not take the tacrolimus capsule, if you are allergic to it or any of its ingredients.
NEWS / UPDATES
- Bayer (Pty) Ltd, [Revised on 22nd Apr 2016] [Accessed on 2nd Jul 2021], https://www.bayer.com/sites/default/files/NEXAVAR_200_EN_PI.pdf
- Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals Inc., US Food & Drug Administration, [Revised on Dec 2018] [Accessed on 2nd Jul 2021], https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2018/021923s020lbl.pdf
- Ciplamed, [Revised on Dec 2017] [Accessed on 2nd Jul 2021], https://www.ciplamed.com/print-product-pdf/24207
- Edward Chu, Cancer Chemotherapy, Lange’s Basic and Clinical Pharmacology, 14th Edition, 2018, 948-976.
- KD Tripathi, Anticancer Drugs, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, 8th Edition, 2019, 915-936.
To be sold by retail on prescription of a registered doctor only (Entecavir) tablets, for oral use.
TACROCORD 0.5MG CAPSULE
Mfr: CONCORD BIOTECH LTD
TAKFA 0.5MG CAPSULE
Mfr: INTAS PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
KEYGRAF 0.5MG CAPSULE
Mfr: ANTHEM BIOPHARMA
MYLIMUS 0.5MG CAPSULE
Mfr: MYLAN PHARMA