Need a Health professional?
Shreyaansh Lifesciences, Jaipur. India
Lamivudine Tablets was approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 2001. It is on the World Health Organization’s List of Essential Medicines.
- Brand Name – Lamivir
- Innovator Brand Name – Epivir
- API – Lamivudine
- Packaging – 60 Tablets
- Strength – 150mg, 300mg
- Manufacturer Name – Cipla Ltd
What is lamivudine used for?
Lamivudine Tablets is an antiretroviral medication indicated for the treatment of:
HIV/AIDS: Lamivudine used for the prevention and treatment of HIV infection. Lamivudine is effective against both HIV-1 and HIV-2.
Hepatitis B: It is also used to treat chronic hepatitis B when other options are not possible.
Lamivudine commonly known as 3TC, and it is typically used in combination with other antiretrovirals such as zidovudine and abacavir.
All Trademarks and Brands that appear on website belong to their respective owners and Ikris Pharma Network does not lay and claim on them we only provide Information. We are NOT ONLINE store and We do not sell Narcotics and Sedatives. Iron Sucrose is a pharmaceutical drug that legally requires a medical prescription to be dispensed. Following Information meant for Wholesalers, Suppliers, Exporters, Doctors, Comparator Supplies, Hospitals, Generic, Brand, Corporate Sourcing, reseller, and Pharmacies.
Get Access To Lamivudine Tablets 150 mg
Facts of Medicines
SUPPLIED/STORAGE AND HANDLING
Care should be exercised in the handling of LAMIVIR. LAMIVIR tablets should not be opened or crushed. Store permitted between 15-30°C (59-86°F).
Lamivudine should be taken orally at about the same time each day, either with or without food. Lamivudine tablets should be swallowed whole with water. The tablets should not be opened, broken, or chewed.
LAMIVUDINE TABLETS SIDE EFFECTS
- Most common side effects of Lamivudine include nausea, general discomfort, runny nose, diarrhea, unusual muscle pain, trouble breathing, stomach pain, dizziness, feeling cold, feeling very weak, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, yellowing of the skin or eyes, headaches, feeling tired, and cough.
- It is safe for people over three months of age and can be used during pregnancy.
WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS
- Long-term use of lamivudine 300 mg can trigger a resistant hepatitis B virus (YMDD) mutant.
- Use with caution for patients with impaired renal function and do not prescribe this treatment to patients with impaired hepatic function.
- Autoimmune disorders have been reported and symptoms can occur many months after initiation of antiretroviral therapy.
- Patients who are infected with HIV and HCV and are on both interferon and lamivudine can experience liver damage.
- HIV or HBV-infected women on lamivudine are warned to discontinue breastfeeding as this puts the baby at risk for HIV transmission and medication side effects.
- Do not prescribe lamivudine/zidovudine, abacavir/lamivudine, or abacavir/lamivudine/zidovudine to patients taking emtricitabine.
- Lamivir 150 mg is contraindicated in patients with previous hypersensitivity reactions to lamivudine.
- The drug can trigger an inflammatory response to opportunistic infections such as Pneumocystis jirovecii, (MAC) Mycobacterium avium complex, cytomegalovirus (CMV), and M. tuberculosis.
- Are pregnant or having an intention to become pregnant. The consumption of Lamivudine while on pregnancy has not been associated with an increased risk of birth defects. Discuss with your doctor/healthcare provider if you want to become pregnant.
- Womens with this medication may be more likely to get serious liver problems or lactic acidosis, very overweight (obese), or have been taking nucleoside analog medicines for a long time.
FAQs – Medicine Questions
What is the other name of Lamivudine?
Lamivudine also can be addressed as 3TC, which is an antiretroviral medication used to prevent and treat HIV/AIDS.
What is the composition of Lamivudine tablets?
The active ingredient is Lamivudine, and the inactive ingredients are black iron oxide, hypromellose, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, polysorbate 80, sodium starch glycolate, and titanium dioxide.
Is Lamivudine used with other Antiretrovirals?
YES, this drug is typically used in combination with zidovudine and abacavir. Which are antiretroviral.
Where can I buy Lamivudine Tablets ?
You can buy Lamivudine Tablets from any authorized whole-seller after getting a prescription from a qualified doctor. It is always better to check the credential of the whole-seller/supplier/exporter before buying the product.
The buyer should check the existing law in their home country before importing the product.
What is the procedure to buy Lamivudine Tablets ?
Patients can simply fill the order form or can send mail at email@example.com. Patients can also send WhatsApp messages to +91 99292 77766 / 98738 10020 We will reply ASAP with the details of the Lamivudine Tablets price as well as procurement procedure.
Note:- The order will be confirmed only after the receipt of the Valid prescription of the Clinician.
What class of drug Lamivudine is?
Lamivudine is a nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor.
NEWS / UPDATES
- KD Tripathi, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, Antiviral drugs,7th edition, 2013, 806 – 811.
- Goodman & Gilman’s, The Pharmacological Basics of Therapeutics, Antiretroviral agents and treatment of HIV infection, 12th edition, 2011, 1632-1644.
- Micro Labs USA Inc, US Food and Drug Administration, [ Revised on August 2018] [ Accessed on 12th April 2021], https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/…
- Milpharm Limited, Electronic medicines compendium (emc), [ Revised on September 2020] [ Accessed on 12th April 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.2998.pdf