Need a Health professional?
Shreyaansh Lifesciences, Jaipur. India
Ribavirin Capsules was patented in 1971 and approved for medical use in 1986. It is on the World Health Organization’s List of Essential Medicines. It is available as a generic medication.
- Generic Brand Available – Ribasure
- Innovator Brand Name – Copegus
- API – Ribavirin
- Packaging – 140 capsules
- Strength – 200mg
- Manufacturer Name – APrazer Healthcare
What is ribavirin used for?
Ribasure is a nucleoside analogue indicated for the treatment of:
Hepatitis C; Chronic hepatitis C is treated in combination with other antiviral agents with the intent to cure or achieve a sustained virological response (SVR).
Viral hemorrhagic fever; It is taken in several fever such as Lassa fever, Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever and Hantavirus infection.
RSV infection (Human Orthopnemovirus); RSV infection is a syncytial virus that causes respiratory tract infections.
All Trademarks and Brands that appear on website belong to their respective owners and Ikris Pharma Network does not lay and claim on them we only provide Information. We are NOT ONLINE store and We do not sell Narcotics and Sedatives. Iron Sucrose is a pharmaceutical drug that legally requires a medical prescription to be dispensed. Following Information meant for Wholesalers, Suppliers, Exporters, Doctors, Comparator Supplies, Hospitals, Generic, Brand, Corporate Sourcing, reseller, and Pharmacies.
Get Access To Ribavirin Capsules 200 mg
Facts of Medicines
SUPPLIED/STORAGE AND HANDLING
Care should be exercised in the handling of Ribasure . Ribasure capsules should not be opened or crushed. Store permitted between 15-30°C (59-86°F).
Ribavirin (Ribasure) should be taken orally at about the same time each day, either with or without food. Ribasure is taken once daily according to body weight and genotype. Use of this drug during pregnancy may cause birth defects to the baby so it is commonly advised to take effective birth controls for at least 7 months.
The most common side effects of ribavirin in adults receiving combination therapy are fatigue/asthenia, pyrexia, myalgia, and headache. This treatment can also cause some serious side effects such as red blood cell breakdown, liver problems, and allergic reactions.
WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS
- RIBASURE must not be used alone because ribavirin monotherapy is not effective for the treatment of chronic hepatitis C virus infection. The safety and efficacy of RIBASURE have only been established when used together with pegylated interferon alfa-2a, recombinant.
- Birth defects or fetal defects are very high with the use of Ribavirin in the pregnancy.
- Hemolytic anemia may occur by the sudden decrease in hemoglobin.
- Risk of hepatic failure and death is common while consuming Ribasure capsules.
- Hypersensitivity reactions including urticaria, angioedema, anaphylaxis may occur.
- Ribasure tablets can lead to autoimmune or infection disorders.
- Ribavirin should not be used for Ebola or Marburg infections.
- Ribavirin capsules should not be given with zidovudine because of the increased risk of anemia.
- Safety and effectiveness of Ribasure (ribavirin 200mg) have not been established in patients below the age of 18.
- Ribavirin (Tribavirin) should not be used for Ebola or Marburg infections.
- Effective birth control is recommended for Both males as well as females should follow the effective birth control for at least 7 months.
FAQs – Medicine Questions
What type of drug is Ribavirin?
Ribavirin is a nucleoside analog drug with antiviral activity. This medicine comes under the category of antiviral medication.
What is the mechanism of Ribavirin?
Ribavirin shows antiviral properties. This medicine increases the mutation frequency in the genomes of several RNA viruses, and ribavirin triphosphate inhibits HCV polymerase in a biochemical reaction.
Is Ribavirin effective in the treatment of Rabies?
Yes, Ribavirin has been also used (in combination with midazolam, ketamine, and amantadine) in the treatment of rabies.
Where can I buy Ribavirin Capsules ?
You can buy Ribavirin Capsules from any authorized whole-seller after getting a prescription from a qualified doctor. It is always better to check the credential of the whole-seller/supplier/exporter before buying the product.
The buyer should check the existing law in their home country before importing the product.
What is the procedure to buy Ribavirin Capsules?
Patients can simply fill the order form or can send mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Patients can also send WhatsApp messages to +91 99292 77766 / 98738 10020 We will reply ASAP with the details of the Ribavirin Capsules price as well as procurement procedure.
Note:- The order will be confirmed only after the receipt of the Valid prescription of the Clinician.
What are all the ingredients Ribavirin is made up of?
The active ingredient in the medicine is Ribavirin, and the inactive ingredients are pregelatinized starch, microcrystalline cellulose, sodium starch glycolate, cornstarch, and magnesium stearate.
NEWS / UPDATES
- Goodman & Gilman’s, The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics, Antiviral agents (Nonretroviral), 12th edition, 2011, 1613 – 1615.
- KD Tripathi, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, Antiviral drugs, 7th edition, 2013, 804.
- Milpharm Limited, Electronic medicines compendium (emc), [ Revised on Oct 2020] [ Accessed on 31st July 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.7108.pdf
- Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., US Food and Drug Administration, [ Revised on Nov 2013] [ Accessed on 31st July 2021], https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2013/020903s052,021546s008lbl.pdf
To be sold by retail on prescription of a registered doctor only (ribavirin) capsules, for oral use.
Mfr: MYLAN PHARMACEUTICALS PVT LTD
RIBASURE 200MG CAPSULE
Mfr: APRAZER HEALTH