Need a Health professional?
Shreyaansh Lifesciences, Jaipur. India
Atazanavir Capsules was approved for medical use in the United States in 2003. It is on the World Health Organization’s List of Essential Medicines. It is available as a generic medication.
- Innovator Name – Reyataz
- Generic Brand Available – Atavir
- API – Atazanavir
- Packaging – 30 capsules
- Strength – 100 mg, 150 mg, 200 mg, 300 mg
What is atazanavir used for?
Atazanavir Capsules (Atavir) is an antiretroviral medication used in the treatment of:
- Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV); in adult patients who are suffering from severe HIV/AIDS. Medication is used in combination with other antiretroviral agents.
- Needlestick injury; Atazanavir may be used in order to prevent injury caused by the penetration by hypodermic needles.
- Atazanavir belongs to a class named protease inhibitors, which works by stopping the virus from replicating.
All Trademarks and Brands that appear on website belong to their respective owners and Ikris Pharma Network does not lay and claim on them we only provide Information. We are NOT ONLINE store and We do not sell Narcotics and Sedatives. Iron Sucrose is a pharmaceutical drug that legally requires a medical prescription to be dispensed. Following Information meant for Wholesalers, Suppliers, Exporters, Doctors, Comparator Supplies, Hospitals, Generic, Brand, Corporate Sourcing, reseller, and Pharmacies.
Get Access To Atazanavir Capsules 100 mg
Facts of Medicines
SUPPLIED/STORAGE AND HANDLING
Care should be exercised in the handling of Atazanavir 300 mg. ATAVIR capsules should not be opened or crushed. Store permitted between 20-25°C (68-77°F).
Atazanavir 300mg should be taken orally at about the same time each day with food. Capsules should be swallowed whole with water. Atazanavir 300 mg capsules should not be opened, broken, or chewed. The dosage of capsules depends on the body weight and the stage of the disease.
ATAZANAVIR SIDE EFFECTS
- Most common side effects of atazanavir are nausea, jaundice, scleral icterus, rash, headache, abdominal pain, vomiting, insomnia, peripheral neurologic symptoms, dizziness, myalgia, diarrhoea, depression and fever.
- Gallbladder disorders (which may include gallstones and gallbladder inflammation) have been reported in patients taking REYATAZ (Atazanavir).
- In some patients with Atazanavir, kidney stones have been reported. If you experience or develop signs or symptoms of kidney stones (pain in your side, blood in your urine, pain when you urinate) tell your healthcare provider promptly.
WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS
- Use atazanavir 300 mg with more caution in patients with preexisting conduction system disease or when administered with other drugs that may prolong the PR interval.
- Patients who are carrying hepatitis B or hepatitis C infection are more likely at risk of increased transaminases or hepatic decompensation.
- Prior to therapy and during treatment, patients should be monitored for hepatic laboratory tests.
- Atavir should be used with caution in patients with mild to moderate hepatic impairment. Do not use ATAZANAVIR 300mg in patients with severe hepatic impairment.
- No dose adjustment is required for postpartum patients. Also, patients must be closely and watchfully monitored for adverse events because atazanavir exposures could be higher during the first couple of months after delivery.
- Atavir should be discontinued if severe rash develops. Cases of Stevens-Johnson syndrome, erythema multiforme, and toxic skin eruptions have been reported in patients receiving Atavir.
- This antiretroviral is distinguished from other Protease Inhibitors in that it has very less effects on lipid profile and also appears to be less responsible for lipodystrophy.
- When Atazanavir is boosted with ritonavir, it also reduces the metabolic advantages of atazanavir.
- Atazanavir is contraindicated in patients with previous hypersensitivity (e.g., erythema multiforme, toxic skin eruptions and Stevens-Johnson syndrome). Also, atazanavir should not be given with rifampin, alfuzosin, lurasidone, irinotecan, pimozide, triazolam, orally administered midazolam, cisapride, St. John’s wort, ergot derivatives, lovastatin, simvastatin, sildenafil, nevirapine or indinavir.
- The data is not sufficient in order to determine whether there are any effects of race on the pharmacokinetics of atazanavir.
FAQs – Medicine Questions
Is Atazanavir an Antiretroviral Medication?
Yes, Atazanavir is an antiretroviral medication.
What are the inactive ingredients combined with Atazanavir?
Inactive ingredients are crospovidone, lactose monohydrate, and magnesium stearate. The capsule shells are composed of gelatin, FD&C Blue No. 2, titanium dioxide, black iron oxide, red iron oxide, and yellow iron oxide.
What are the formulations of Atazanavir?
This antiretroviral is available as a 300 mg capsule, 200 mg capsule, 150 mg capsule and 50 mg oral powder packet.
Is Atazanavir FDA approved medication?
Yes, Atazanavir sulfate was approved for medical use in the United States in 2003. This medication is on the WHO’s (World Health Organization’s) List of Essential Medicines, the safest and most effective medicines needed in a health system.
What is the procedure to buy Atazanavir Capsules?
Patients can simply fill the order form or can send mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Patients can also send WhatsApp messages to +91 99292 77766 / 98738 10020 We will reply ASAP with the details of theAtazanavir Capsules price as well as procurement procedure.
Note:- The order will be confirmed only after the receipt of the Valid prescription of the Clinician.
Is Atazanavir safe to use during pregnency?
Yes, Atazanavir appears to be safe to use during pregnancy.
NEWS / UPDATES
- EXJADE; Patient Information leaflet; Medicines.org.uk; [Accessed 2/04/2021]; https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.4329.pdf
- EXJADE; Accessdata.fda.gov; [Revised 2013]; [Accessed 2/04/2021]; https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2013/021882s019lbl.pdf
- Novartis Pharmaceuticals; HIGHLIGHTS OF PRESCRIBING InformATION; [Revised 2019]; [Accessed 2/04/2021]; https://www.novartis.us/sites/www.novartis.us/files/jadenu.pdf
- Preeti Chaudhary and Vinod Pullarkat; Deferasirox: Appraisal of safety and efficacy in longterm therapy; [Revised: 2013]; [Accessed: 2/04/2021]; https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK548039/
To be sold by retail on prescription of a registered doctor only (Atazanavir) capsules, for oral use.
VIRATAZ R TABLET
Mfr: HETERO HEALTHCARE LTD
ATAZOR R TABLET
Mfr: EMCURE PHARMACEUTICALS LTD