Facilitating Access to Approved Medication
Get Access To Ganciclovir Injection 500 mg/250 mL
Ganciclovir is an antiviral prescription medicine approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for the treatment of cytomegalovirus retinitis (CMV retinitis) in adults who are immunocompromised, including individuals with AIDS. Ganciclovir is also FDA-approved for the prevention of CMV disease in recipients of organ transplants who are at risk for CMV diseases.
- Packaging – Single-dose Bag
- Strength – 500 mg/250 mL
WHAT IS GANCICLOVIR, AND WHAT IT IS USED FOR:
Ganciclovir is a nucleoside analogue CMV DNA polymerase inhibitor used for the:
- Treatment of CMV retinitis in immunocompromised adult patients, including patients with acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS).
- Prevention of CMV disease in adult transplant recipients at risk for CMV disease.
All Trademarks and Brands that appear on website belong to their respective owners and Ikris Pharma Network does not lay and claim on them we only provide Information. We are NOT ONLINE store and We do not sell Narcotics and Sedatives. Iron Sucrose is a pharmaceutical drug that legally requires a medical prescription to be dispensed. Following Information meant for Wholesalers, Suppliers, Exporters, Doctors, Comparator Supplies, Hospitals, Generic, Brand, Corporate Sourcing, reseller, and Pharmacies.
Get Access To Ganciclovir Injection 500 mg/250 mL
Shreyaansh Lifesciences, Jaipur. India
Shreyaansh Lifesciences is registered in Jaipur, India. Registration Number : 08AEEFS9350K1ZI under GST Act.
Branch Offices in India : Jaipur | New Delhi
SF-72-73 2ND FLOOR, Jaipur Electronic Market, Ridhi Sidhi Choraha, Jaipur, Rajasthan, 302018.
+91 99292 77766
Facts of Medicines
HOW SUPPLIED/STORAGE AND HANDLING:
Store Ganciclovir 500 mg/250 mL injection at temperature 20°C to 25°C (68°F to 77°F); excursions permitted to 15° to 30°C (59° to 86°F).
The most commonly reported Ganciclovir side effects include: fever, leukopenia, diarrhea, anemia, catheter-related events (including catheter infection and catheter sepsis), and elevated creatinine levels.
Do not administer the proposed dosage of ganciclovir injection by rapid or bolus intravenous injection which may increase the toxicity as a result of excessive plasma levels. Administration of this injection should be accompanied by adequate hydration.
- Dosage for Treatment of CMV Retinitis in Adult Patients: Induction Dosage: The recommended initial dosage of Ganciclovir for patients with CMV Retinitis and normal renal function is 5 mg/kg (administered intravenously at a constant rate over 1 hour) every 12 hours for 14-21 days.
Maintenance Dosage: After induction treatment, the recommended maintenance dosage of Ganciclovir for patients with CMV Retinitis is 5 mg/kg (administered intravenously at a constant rate over 1 hour) once daily for 7 days weekly, or 6 mg/kg once daily for 5 days weekly.
- Dosage for Prevention of CMV Disease in Adult Transplant Recipients: Induction Dosage: The recommended initial dosage of ganciclovir injection for patients with normal renal function is 5 mg/kg (administered intravenously at a constant rate over 1 hour) every 12 hours for 7-14 days.
Maintenance Dosage: After induction, the recommended maintenance dosage of Ganciclovir is 5 mg/kg (administered intravenously at a constant rate over 1 hour) once daily for 7 days weekly, or 6 mg/kg once daily for 5 days weekly until 100-120 days post-transplantation.
WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS
- Use of ganciclovir 500 mg is restricted in patients who have experienced clinically significant hypersensitivity reactions (e.g., anaphylaxis) to ganciclovir, valganciclovir or acyclovir.
- The complete blood counts with differential and platelet counts need to be performed frequently, mainly in whom the absolute neutrophil counts are less than 1000 cells/μL at the starting of treatment.
- Monitor patients for renal function before and during treatment with ganciclovir 500 mg injection and adjust the dosage as required.
- Patients with CMV retinitis should have frequent ophthalmological examinations while on therapy with Ganciclovir to monitor disease status and for other retinal abnormalities.
- Females of reproductive age/potential should undergo pregnancy testing prior to initiation of Ganciclovir therapy.
- Nursing mothers should not breastfeed during treatment with ganciclovir 500 mg because of the potential for serious adverse reactions in nursing infants and because HIV may be passed to the baby in breast milk.
FAQs – Medicine Questions
What is Ganciclovir ?
Ganciclovir is a medication aimed to prevent or treat the infections caused by cytomegalovirus (also called CMV). It is supplied as a clear liquid administered into a vein (IV).
What are dosage strengths Ganciclovir is supplied?
Ganciclovir is supplied as Injection: 500 mg of ganciclovir in 250 mL (2mg/mL) sterile, unpreserved, colorless solution in a single-dose bag for intravenous use.
How is Ganciclovir administered?
Ganciclovir comes as an injection for the intravenous administration.
Where can I buy Ganciclovir Injection?
You can buy Ganciclovir injection from any authorized whole-seller after getting a prescription from a qualified doctor. It is always better to check the credential of the whole-seller/supplier/exporter before buying the product.
The buyer should check the existing law in their home country before importing the product.
What is the procedure to buy Ganciclovir from Shreyansh LifeSciences?
Patients can simply fill the order form or can send mail at email@example.com. Patients can also send WhatsApp messages to +91 98738 10020. We will reply ASAP with the details of the Ganciclovir price as well as procurement procedure.
Note:- The order will be confirmed only after the receipt of the Valid prescription of the Clinician.
What type of drug is Ganciclovir Injection?
The ganciclovir 500 mg injection specifically is a type of drug called antivirals.
NEWS / UPDATES
- Neon Healthcare Ltd; Electronic Medicines Compendium; [Revised:2020] [Accessed/12/Apr/2021]; https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.10242.pdf
- CS Crumpacker; Ganciclovir; NCBI Bookshelf; [Revised: 1996] [Accessed: 12/Apr/2021]; https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/8786764/
- Abdullah A Al Badr et al; Ganciclovir; [Revised: 2018] [Accessed: 12/Apr/2021]; https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29678260/
- T Matthews et al; Antiviral activity and mechanism of action of Ganciclovir; [Revised: 1988] [Accessed:12/Apr/2021]; https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/2847285/
To be sold by retail on prescription of a registered doctor only (Ganciclovir) injection, for intravenous use.
NATCLOVIR 500MG INJECTION
Mfr: NATCO PHARMA LTD