Need a Health professional?
Shreyaansh Lifesciences, Jaipur. India
Sirolimus Capsules was approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in September 1999.
- Brand Name – Siromus
- Innovator Brand Name – Rapamune
- API – Sirolimus
- Packaging – 6 capsules
- Strength – 0.5mg, 1mg, 2mg
- Manufacturer Name – Zydus
What is sirolimus used for?
Sirolimus Capsules or rapamycin is a macrolide compound that is indicated for the treatment of:
- Lymphangioleiomyomatosis: A systemic disease and progressive disease that is responsible for causing cystic lung destruction.
- Coat coronary stents: coronary stent is a tube-shaped device that is used to broaden the vein to or from that carry blood from the heart.
- Prevent organ transplant rejection: it suppresses the immune system and reduces the chances of reduction of organ transplantation.
All Trademarks and Brands that appear on website belong to their respective owners and Ikris Pharma Network does not lay and claim on them we only provide Information. We are NOT ONLINE store and We do not sell Narcotics and Sedatives. Iron Sucrose is a pharmaceutical drug that legally requires a medical prescription to be dispensed. Following Information meant for Wholesalers, Suppliers, Exporters, Doctors, Comparator Supplies, Hospitals, Generic, Brand, Corporate Sourcing, reseller, and Pharmacies.
Get Access To Sirolimus Capsules 0.5 mg
Facts of Medicines
SUPPLIED/STORAGE AND HANDLING
Care should be exercised in the handling of RAPAMUNE. RAPAMYCIN tablets should not be opened or crushed. Store permitted between 15-30°C (59-86°F).
Use cartons in order to protect blister cards and strips from light. Should be dispensed in the tight, light-resistant containers.
Sirolimus should be taken orally at about the same time each day, either with or without food. Sirolimus tablets should be swallowed whole with water. The tablet should not be opened, broken, or chewed.
SIROLIMUS TABLETS SIDE EFFECTS
The most common side effects of Sirolimus are diarrhoea, pain, headache, abdominal pain, acne, chest pain, hypertension, hypertriglyceridemia, fever, hypercholesterolemia, creatinine, anaemia, nausea, urinary tract infection, arthralgia, sore throat, decreased glucose tolerance and insensitivity to insulin, dizziness, leg swelling, thrombocytopenia, and pain.
WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS
- Sirolimus 1 mg is contraindicated in individuals with a known hypersensitivity to the drug.
- In patients who are younger than 18 years old, the safety of LAM treatment by sirolimus has been not tested.
- Sirolimus treatment can be responsible for the increased risk of diabetes type 2.
- In the patients with sirolimus therapy especially in the case of lung transplants lung toxicity as a serious complication may occur.
- There have been warnings about the use of sirolimus in transplants, where it may increase mortality due to an increased risk of infections.
- Sirolimus tablets may increase an individual’s risk for contracting skin cancers from exposure to sunlight or UV radiation, and risk of developing lymphoma.
- Individuals taking the siromus 1mg are at increased risk of experiencing impaired or delayed wound healing, particularly if they have a body mass index in excess of 30 kg/m2.
- Sirolimus dosage or you can say rapamycin dosage is metabolized by the CYP3A4 enzyme and is a substrate of the P-glycoprotein (P-gp) efflux pump; hence, inhibitors of either protein may increase sirolimus concentrations in blood plasma, whereas inducers of P-gp and CYP3A4 may be responsible for the decrease in sirolimus concentrations in the blood plasma.
- Women of childbearing potential should be recommended to avoid pregnancy while on or during the Rapamune therapy.
- Siromus is not absorbed through the skin, there are no special precautions. Apart from this, if direct contact with the skin or mucous membranes occurs, immediately wash thoroughly with the help of soap and water also, rinse your eyes with normal water.
FAQs – Medicine Questions
What is the use of Sirolimus?
Sirolimus is recommended for the prevention of organ transplant rejection and for the treatment of LAM (lymphangioleiomyomatosis).
Alone use of Sirolimus is safe or not?
Sirolimus can also be used alone, or in conjunction with a calcineurin inhibitor (such as tacrolimus), and/or mycophenolate mofetil, to provide steroid-free immunosuppression regimens.
What are the ingredients in medicine, Sirolimus?
In the medicine, Sirolimus is the active ingredient, and the inactive ingredients are sucrose, lactose, polyethylene glycol 8000, calcium sulfate, microcrystalline cellulose, pharmaceutical glaze, talc, titanium dioxide, magnesium stearate, povidone, poloxamer 188, polyethylene glycol 20,000, glyceryl monooleate, carnauba wax, dl-alpha-tocopherol.
Where can I buy Sirolimus Capsules?
You can buy Sirolimus Capsules from any authorized whole-seller after getting a prescription from a qualified doctor. It is always better to check the credential of the whole-seller/supplier/exporter before buying the product.
The buyer should check the existing law in their home country before importing the product.
What is the procedure to buy Sirolimus Capsules?
Patients can simply fill the order form or can send mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Patients can also send WhatsApp messages to +91 99292 77766 / 98738 10020 We will reply ASAP with the details of the Sirolimus Capsules price as well as procurement procedure.
Note:- The order will be confirmed only after the receipt of the Valid prescription of the Clinician.
What kind of compound sirolimus is?
Sirolimus is a kind of a macrolide compound.
NEWS / UPDATES
- Goodman & Gilman’s, The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics, Targeted therapies: Tyrosine kinase inhibitors, monoclonal antibodies, and cytokines, 12th edition, 2011, 1735.
- KD Tripathi, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, Immunosuppressant drugs, 7th edition, 2013, 882.
- Pfizer Limited, Electronic medicines compendium (emc), [ Revised on July 2021] [ Accessed on 10th Dec 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.1368.pdf
- Pfizer, US Food and Drug Administration, [ Revised on May 2015] [ Accessed on 10th July 2021], https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2017/021083s059,021110s076lbl.pdf
To be sold by retail on prescription of a registered doctor only (sirolimus) tablets, for oral use.
ROCAS 1MG TABLET
Mfr: EMCURE PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
SIROPAN 1MG TABLET
Mfr: PANACEA BIOTEC LTD
SIROTREND 1MG TABLET
Mfr: ANTHEM BIOPHARMA
RAPASIM 1MG TABLET
Mfr: ALNICHE LIFE SCIENCES PVT LTD
SIROMUS 1MG TABLET
Mfr: ZYDUS CADILA
SIROVA 1MG TABLET
Mfr: INTAS PHARMACEUTICALS LTD