Need a Health professional?
Shreyaansh Lifesciences, Jaipur. India
It was approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for this indication on 15 December 2008. In the European Union, the drug was approved after a positive Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use assessment report on 29 May 2009. The drug was approved for use in Canada by Health Canada on 8 December 2011.
- Generic Brand Name – Celrixafor
- Innovator Brand Name – Mozobil
- API – Plerixafor
- Packaging – Single-Use Vial
- Strength – 24 Mg
- Manufacturer Name – Celon Labs Ltd, India.
What is plerixafor used for?
Plerixafor specifically is a hematopoietic stem cell mobilizer indicated together with G-CSF in order to mobilize the hematopoietic stem cells to the peripheral blood for the collection and subsequent autologous transplantation in patients with NHL or MM.
All Trademarks and Brands that appear on website belong to their respective owners and Ikris Pharma Network does not lay and claim on them we only provide Information. We are NOT ONLINE store and We do not sell Narcotics and Sedatives. Iron Sucrose is a pharmaceutical drug that legally requires a medical prescription to be dispensed. Following Information meant for Wholesalers, Suppliers, Exporters, Doctors, Comparator Supplies, Hospitals, Generic, Brand, Corporate Sourcing, reseller, and Pharmacies.
Get Access To Plerixafor Injection 24 mg
Facts of Medicines
STORAGE AND HANDLING
Care should be exercised in the handling of Celrixafor. Celrixafor injections should not be opened or crushed. Store the vials at temp. 25°C (77°F); excursions permitted to 15° to 30°C (59° to 86°F).
- Plerixafor 24mg is supplied in ready-to-use vials, and should be administered as a subcutaneous injection over the abdominal area. In case the needed volume exceeds 1.2mL, the dose can be split and should be given in 2 injections.
- Patients should be observed by nursing staff for an hour following each celrixafor dose with blood pressure and pulse monitored every 15 minutes.
In an event of drug overdose/missed dose, inform your healthcare practitioner as soon as possible.
PLERIXAFOR SIDE EFFECTS
Most common adverse reactions include nausea, diarrhea, injection site reactions, fatigue, headache, artralgia, vomiting, and dizziness.
WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS
- The plerixafor injection 20 mg/ml is not intended for the HSC mobilization and harvest in patients with leukemia.
- Patients should be monitored for the white blood cell counts during the use of this medication.
- All patients with this drug should be monitored for the platelet counts.
- Women of childbearng potential are advised to avoid conceiving a baby while receiving treatment with plerixafor injection 24 mg/1.2 ml.
- Nursing mothers are advised to discuss with their healthcare provider prior to starting breastfeeding.
- Advise patients about the signs and symptoms of the potential systemic reactions such as periorbital swelling, urticaria, dyspnea, or hypoxia while and after this injection.
- Instruct patients to contact healthcare practitioners immediately in case they have left upper abdominal pain or shoulder pain.
- Inform patients that the celrixafor may be responsible for causing the gastrointestinal disorders, including nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, abdominal pain, and flatulence.
FAQs – Medicine Questions
Is Plerixafor a chemo drug?
Plerixafor is an inhibitor of the CXCR4 chemokine receptor and blocks binding of its cognate ligand, stromal cell-derived factor-lα(SDF-1α). It is more effective and less toxic than chemotherapy.
How does Plerixafor work?
In Mozobil 24 mg, the active substance named plerixafor mainly acts in order to block the activity of CXCR4 chemokine receptor, which normally helps in order to keep the stem cells within the bone marrow. By blocking its activity, Celrixafor helps enable the stem cells to be released into the blood, so that they collect.
What are the ingredients in the medicine Plerixafor?
The active ingredient in the medicine is Plerixafor, and the inactive ingredient is sodium chloride in Water for Injection.
Where can I buy Heparin injection?
You can buy Heparin injection from any authorized whole-seller after getting a prescription from a qualified doctor. It is always better to check the credential of the whole-seller/supplier/exporter before buying the product.
The buyer should check the existing law in their home country before importing the product.
What is the procedure to buy Plerixafor Injection?
Patients can simply fill the order form or can send mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Patients can also send WhatsApp messages to +91 99292 77766 / 98738 10020 We will reply ASAP with the details of the Plerixafor price as well as procurement procedure.
Note:- The order will be confirmed only after the receipt of the Valid prescription of the Clinician.
From which class of drug Plerixafor belongs?
Plerixafor injection belongs to the class of drugs named hematopoietic stem cell mobilizers.
How should Plerixafor be administered?
The recommended dose of Plerixafor should be administered by subcutaneous injection based on the body weight.
NEWS / UPDATES
- Genzyme Corporation, U.S. Food & Drug Administration [Revised on Dec 2017] [Accessed on 13th Apr 2021], https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2017/022311s018lbl.pdf
- Sanofi, Electronic Medicines Compendium (EMC), [Revised on Sep 2021] [Accessed on 3rd Dec 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.790.pdf
- James L. Zehnder, Agents Used in Cytopenias; Hematopoietic Growth Factors, Lange’s Basic and Clinical Pharmacology, 14th Edition, 2018, 591- 607.
To be sold by retail on prescription of a registered doctor only (Plerixafor) injection, for intravenous use.
CELSTEMX 24MG INJECTION
Mfr: SAYRE THERAPEUTICS PVT LTD
MOZIFOR 24MG INJECTION
Mfr: HETERO HEALTHCARE LTD
CELRIXAFOR 24MG INJECTION
Mfr: CELON LABORATORIES LTD