Need a Health professional?
Shreyaansh Lifesciences, Jaipur. India
Infliximab comes in an injectable solution for use as an intravenous infusion. Infliximab injectable solution is used to treat Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, psoriatic arthritis, and plaque psoriasis.
- Packaging – Single use vial
- Strength – 100mg/20mL
What Is Infliximab Used For?
Infliximab is a tumor necrosis factor (TNF) blocker used for :
- Psoriatic Arthritis
- Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA): adults with moderately to severely active rheumatoid arthritis, along with the medication methotrexate.
- Crohn’s Disease: children aged 6 years and older and adults with Crohn’s disease who have not responded well to other medications.
- Plaque Psoriasis: adult patients with plaque psoriasis that doesn’t go away, severe, extensive, or disabling.
- Ulcerative Colitis (UC): children aged 6 years and older and adults with moderately to severely active UC who have not responded well to other medicines.
All Trademarks and Brands that appear on website belong to their respective owners and Ikris Pharma Network does not lay and claim on them we only provide Information. We are NOT ONLINE store and We do not sell Narcotics and Sedatives. Iron Sucrose is a pharmaceutical drug that legally requires a medical prescription to be dispensed. Following Information meant for Wholesalers, Suppliers, Exporters, Doctors, Comparator Supplies, Hospitals, Generic, Brand, Corporate Sourcing, reseller, and Pharmacies.
Get Access To Infliximab Injection 100 mg
Facts of Medicines
HOW SUPPLIED/STORAGE AND HANDLING:
Infliximab must be refrigerated at 2°C to 8°C (36°F to 46°F). Do not use the infliximab injection beyond the expiration date located on the carton and the vial. This medicinal product contains no preservatives.
INFLIXIMAB SIDE EFFECTS
The most commonly reported side effects (>10%) due to infliximab infusion include: infections (e.g. upper respiratory, sinusitis, and pharyngitis), abdominal pain, headache, and infusion-related reactions.
The recommended dosage of infliximab injection is administered by intravenous infusion over a period of not less than 2 hours.
- Psoriatic Arthritis: The recommended dosage is 5 mg/kg at 0, 2 & 6 weeks, then every 8 weeks.
- Ankylosing Spondylitis: The recommended dosage is 5 mg/kg at 0, 2 & 6 weeks, then every 6 weeks.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: In conjunction with methotrexate, the recommended dosage is 3 mg/kg at 0, 2 & 6 weeks, then every 8 weeks. Some patients may benefit from increasing the dose up to 10 mg/kg or treating as often as every 4 weeks.
- Crohn’s Disease: The recommended dosage for Pediatric and Adult patients is 5 mg/kg at 0, 2 & 6 weeks, then every 8 weeks. Some adult patients who initially respond to treatment may benefit from increasing the dose to 10 mg/kg in case they later lose their response.
- Plaque Psoriasis: The recommended dosage is 5 mg/kg at 0, 2 & 6 weeks, then every 8 weeks.
Ulcerative Colitis: The recommended dosage for Pediatric and Adult patients is 5 mg/kg at 0, 2 & 6 weeks, then every 8 weeks.
WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS
- Prior to initiating infliximab 100 mg injection and periodically during treatment, patients should be assessed for active TB and tested for latent infection.
- Closely monitor patients for the development of signs/symptoms of infection while on and after treatment with infliximab 100 mg, including the development of TB in patients who tested -Ve for latent TB infection before initiating therapy.
- Malignancies have been observed among young adults, children, and adolescents who received treatment with TNF blockers. Patients need to be counseled about the probability of lymphoma and other malignancies while on infliximab 100 mg therapy.
- Patients should seek prompt medical attention if they have signs and symptoms suggestive of blood dyscrasias or infection (e.g., persistent fever) while on treatment with Infliximab.
Patients should seek prompt medical attention if they have any new or worsening signs/symptoms of cardiovascular and cerebrovascular reactions which have been observed during and within 24 hours of starting infliximab infusion.
- Infliximab-treated patients should avoid receiving live vaccines or therapeutic infectious agents.
FAQs – Medicine Questions
What is Infliximab?
Infliximab is a prescription medication used to treat Crohn’s Disease, Pediatric Crohn’s Disease, Ulcerative Colitis, Pediatric Ulcerative Colitis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Psoriatic Arthritis, Ankylosing Spondylitis, and Plaque Psoriasis.
What dosage strengths Infliximab is supplied?
Infliximab is supplied as 100 mg of lyophilized in a 20 mL vial for intravenous infusion.
What should I avoid while receiving Infliximab?
Do not take Infliximab together with medicines such as ORENCIA (abatacept), KINERET (anakinra), ACTEMRA (tocilizumab), or other medications named biologics that are used to treat the same conditions as Infliximab.
Where can I buy Infliximab injection?
You can buy Infliximab injection from any authorized whole-seller after getting a prescription from a qualified doctor. It is always better to check the credential of the whole-seller/supplier/exporter before buying the product.
The buyer should check the existing law in their home country before importing the product.
What is the procedure to buy Infliximab?
Patients can simply fill the order form or can send mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Patients can also send WhatsApp messages to +91 98738 10020. We will reply ASAP with the details of the Infliximab price as well as procurement procedure.
Note:- The order will be confirmed only after the receipt of the Valid prescription of the Clinician.
What type of drug is Infliximab?
Infliximab specifically is a medicine named tumor necrosis factor (TNF) blocker.
NEWS / UPDATES
- Goodman & Gilman’s, The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics, Immunosuppressants, tolerogens, and immunostimulants, 12th edition, 2011, 1018.
- KD Tripathi, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, Antirheumatoid and antigout drugs, 7th edition, 2013, 212.
- Janssen Biologics BV, Electronic medicines compendium (emc), [Revised on Oct 2020] [ Accessed on 23rd July 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.3831.pdf
- Janssen Biotech, US Food and Drug Administration, [Revised on Nov 2013] [ Accessed on 23rd July 2021], https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2013/103772s5359lbl.pdf
To be sold by retail on prescription of a registered doctor only (Infliximab) injection, for intravenous use.
REMICADE 100MG INJECTION
Mfr: JOHNSON & JOHNSON PVT LTD