Need a Health professional?
Shreyaansh Lifesciences, Jaipur. India
Afatinib Tablets was approved for medical use in the United States in 2016. It is on the World Health Organization’s List of Essential Medicines. It is available as a generic medication.
- Innovator Brand Name – Gilotrif
- Generic Brand Available – Afanat
- API – Afatinib
- Packaging – 28 Tablets
- Strength – 20 mg, 30 mg, 40 mg
What is afatinib used for?
Afatinib tablets is a tyrosine kinase inhibitor family of medication indicated for the treatment of:
- Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer : It is mainly used to treat cases of NSCLC that harbour mutations in the EGFR (Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor) gene.
- Metastatic Squamous Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC): In the treatment of patients with the metastatic squamous NSCLC progressing after platinum-based chemotherapy.
All Trademarks and Brands that appear on website belong to their respective owners and Ikris Pharma Network does not lay and claim on them we only provide Information. We are NOT ONLINE store and We do not sell Narcotics and Sedatives. Iron Sucrose is a pharmaceutical drug that legally requires a medical prescription to be dispensed. Following Information meant for Wholesalers, Suppliers, Exporters, Doctors, Comparator Supplies, Hospitals, Generic, Brand, Corporate Sourcing, reseller, and Pharmacies.
Get Access To Afatinib Tablets 20 mg
Facts of Medicines
SUPPLIED/STORAGE AND HANDLING:
Care should be exercised in the handling of AFANAT. AFANAT tablets should not be opened or crushed. Store permitted between 15-30°C (59-86°F). Keep this medication in the original container and keep the container tightly closed also away from the moisture and light.
Afatinib 40 mg should be taken orally at about the same time each day, at least 1 hour before or 2 hours after a meal. Afatinib tablets must be gulped whole with the water. The tablets must not be opened, broken, or chewed. Do not consume a missed dose within the 12 hours of the upcoming dose.
AFATINIB SIDE EFFECTS
- Most common side effects of Afatinib are diarrhoea, sudden weight gain, rash/acneiform dermatitis, swelling of your ankles, feet, or legs, sensitivity to light, dry skin, decreased appetite, nausea, vomiting, eye pain, swelling, nail inflammation, redness, tearing and blurred vision .
- Afatinib may cause decreased fertility in females as well as in males. Discuss with your doctor if you have concerns about fertility. Inform your healthcare team if you observe any adverse effect that may bother you or that continues to stick with you.
- The above-mentioned terms are not all of the possible adverse effects of Afatinib tablets. For more information, call your healthcare provider or pharmacist in order to get medical advice about the side effects.
WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS
- The safety profile and efficacy of medication have not been specified in patients whose tumors have resistant EGFR mutations.
- Before taking Afatinib 40 mg tablets, discuss with your doctor, If you have a history of severe dry eye or any other eye problems or you wear contact lenses.
- Avoid the consumption of this medicine, If you are pregnant or have a plan to become pregnant. It can harm your unborn baby. You should not become pregnant while consuming Gilotrif.
- Do not consume this drug, if you are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed. It is unspecified that this medicine may pass into the breast milk. Breastfeeding should be avoided for at least 2 weeks after your last dose of afatinib 30 mg.
- Advise patients to take this medicine on an empty stomach at least 1 hour before or 2 hours after eating. Patients should be advised not to consume a missed dose within the 12 hours of the very next dose.
- Advise females and males of reproductive potential of the potential for reduced fertility from Afanat 40 mg.
- Advise patients to minimize sun exposure with protective clothing and use of sunscreen while consuming it.
- Advise patients to report right away if any maiden or worsening lung symptoms, or any combinational reactions of the following symptoms occurs: shortness of breath, trouble breathing, cough or fever.
- This medication should be dispensed in the original container in order to protect from exposure to high humidity and light.
FAQs – Medicine Questions
What kind of medication afatinib is?
Afatinib belongs to the kinase inhibitor class drug used for the treatment of non-small-cell lung Cancer.
What are the ingredients in the medicine containing Afatinib?
Afatinib is the active ingredient and other inactive ingredients such as lactose monohydrate, microcrystalline cellulose, crospovidone, colloidal silicon dioxide, magnesium stearate.
Can stage 4 of lung cancer be cured?
Stage 4 of non-small cell lung cancer is hard to cure because it can spread to distant sides however treatment methods and options depend upon the number of tumors, overall health, and where cancer has spread.
How much does Afatinib Cost?
Afatinib price in India depends on multiple factors, like “which generic brand of afatinib you choose,” “strength you required,” etc. In India, multiple companies are manufacturing this medicine’s generic brand, and their cost varies.
What is the procedure to buy Afatinib Tablets?
Patients can simply fill the order form or can send mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Patients can also send WhatsApp messages to +91 99292 77766 / 98738 10020 We will reply ASAP with the details of the Afatinib Tablets price as well as procurement procedure.
Note:- The order will be confirmed only after the receipt of the Valid prescription of the Clinician.
Is Afatinib safe to use during Breastfeeding?
This medication is not recommended in women who are breastfeeding their babies.
NEWS / UPDATES
- Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc, US Food and Drug Administration, [ Revised on Jan 2018] [ Accessed on 10th June 2021], https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2018/201292s014lbl.pdf
- Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH, Electronic medicines compendium (emc), [ Revised on Sept 2020] [ Accessed on 10th June 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.5147.pdf
- Helga Wecker, Cornelius F Waller; Afatinib; Recent Results in Cancer Research 2018; https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30069769/
To be sold by retail on prescription of a registered doctor only (afatinib) tablets, for oral use.
AFAYRO 30MG TABLET
Mfr: GLENMARK PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
XOVOLTIB 30MG TABLET
Mfr: BOEHRINGER INGELHEIM INDIA PVT LTD
AFANAT 30MG TABLET
Mfr: NATCO PHARMA LTD