Need a Health professional?
Shreyaansh Lifesciences, Jaipur. India
Gefitinib Tablets was approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 2015. It is on the World Health Organization’s List of Essential Medicines.
- Brand Name – Geftinat
- Innovator Brand Name – Iressa
- API – Gefitinib
- Packaging – 30 Tablets
- Strength – 250 mg
- Manufacturer Name – Natco Pharma.
What is gefitinib used for?
Gefitinib is an Epidermal Growth factor Receptor (EGFR) inhibitor indicated as the monotherapy for the treatment of patients with locally advanced or metastatic NSCLC (Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer) after the failure of both docetaxel and platinum-based chemotherapies.
Because it is a selective chemotherapeutic agent so the tolerability profile of this medication (Geftinat) quite better and impressive than the previous cytotoxic agents.
All Trademarks and Brands that appear on website belong to their respective owners and Ikris Pharma Network does not lay and claim on them we only provide Information. We are NOT ONLINE store and We do not sell Narcotics and Sedatives. Iron Sucrose is a pharmaceutical drug that legally requires a medical prescription to be dispensed. Following Information meant for Wholesalers, Suppliers, Exporters, Doctors, Comparator Supplies, Hospitals, Generic, Brand, Corporate Sourcing, reseller, and Pharmacies.
Get Access To Gefitinib Tablets 250 mg
Facts of Medicine
SUPPLIED/STORAGE AND HANDLING
Care should be implemented in the proper handling of Geftinat (Gefitinib). Geftinat tablets should not be opened or crushed unnecessarily.
The store permitted this medication between 20-25 C (68-77 F).
GEFITINIB SIDE EFFECTS
Some most common adverse reactions may include rashes, diarrhea, nausea, headache, vomiting, dehydration, skin reactions, cough, loss of appetite, sore throat and fever.
Infrequent adverse effects may also occur such as hair growth, aberrant eyelash, interstitial lung disease.
Geftinat should be taken by the mouth because it intended to have a systematic effect, reaching different parts of the body via the bloodstream.
In order to get better outcomes, this medication should be taken at the same time each day. Never try to chew these tablets, neither crushed nor split before swallowing.
WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS
- This medication is not recommended for those females who`ve pregnant or have the intention to become pregnant.
- Gefitinib should be avoided during the time period of breastfeeding. It may be hazardous for the infant.
- Before taking Geftinat tablets, share your medical history with your physician specifically diseases related to the Liver.
- In order to detect the interaction of this medication, patients are advised to mark down all the products they use, be it is an over a counter, be it is a herbal product, be it is a prescription drug or be it is a non-prescription drug.
- In some patients asymptomatic increases in liver transaminases have been reported; therefore, periodic liver function (bilirubin, transaminases, and alkaline phosphatase) testing must be considered. Discontinuation or interruption of Geftinat should be considered if changes are severe.
- Patients should be advised to seek medical advice promptly if they develop) severe or persistent diarrhea, nausea, anorexia, or vomiting, as these have sometimes been associated with dehydration) an onset or worsening of pulmonary symptoms, ie, shortness of breath or cough) an eye irritation) any other new symptoms.
- Safety and effectiveness of this medication in pediatric patients have not been specified.
- Patients with severe renal impairment should be treated with caution when given Geftinat.
- Safety and efficacy of Gefitinib have not been established in patients with metastatic NSCLC whose tumors have EGFR mutations other than exon 19 deletions or exon 21 (L858R) substitution mutations.
- Periodic liver function testing should be performed. Withhold Gefitinib in patients with worsening liver function and discontinue in patients with severe hepatic impairment.
- Geftinat treatment must be discontinued or interrupted if the patient develops , blistering, severe bullous or exfoliating conditions.
- Advise patients to immediately contact their healthcare provider for new onset or worsening of pulmonary symptoms such as dyspnea, cough and fever.
- Advise patients promptly to contact their healthcare provider if they develop eye symptoms, lacrimation, light sensitivity, blurred vision, eye pain, red eye or changes in vision.
FAQs – Medicine Questions
Is Gefitinib a chemotherapy drug?
No, Gefitinib is a kinase inhibitor drug used to treat people with non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) that has spread to other parts of the body.
What are the contraindications of Gefitinib?
This medication is contraindicated in patients with the severe hypersensitivity to gefitinib or to any other component of gefitinib.
What is the chemical name of gefitinib?
The chemical name of gefitinib is 4-Quinazolinamine N-(3-chloro-4-fluorophenyl)-7-methoxy-6-[3-(4-morpholinyl) propoxy].
Where can I buy Gefitinib Tablets?
You can buyGefitinib Tablets from any authorized whole-seller after getting a prescription from a qualified doctor. It is always better to check the credential of the whole-seller/supplier/exporter before buying the product.
The buyer should check the existing law in their home country before importing the product.
What is the procedure to buy Gefitinib Tablets?
Patients can simply fill the order form or can send mail at email@example.com. Patients can also send WhatsApp messages to +91 98738 10020. We will reply ASAP with the details of the Gefitinib Tablets price as well as procurement procedure.
Note:- The order will be confirmed only after the receipt of the Valid prescription of the Clinician.
NEWS / UPDATES
- Goodman & Gilman’s, The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics, Targeted therapies: Tyrosine kinase inhibitors, monoclonal antibodies, and cytokines, 12th edition, 2011, 1735.
- KD Tripathi, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, Anticancer drugs, 7th edition, 2013, 870.
- AstraZeneca UK Limited, Electronic medicines compendium (emc), [ Revised on Dec 2020] [ Accessed on 5th July 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.6602.pdf
- AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals LP Wilmington, US Food and Drug Administration, [ Revised on August 2018] [ Accessed on 5th July 2021], https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2018/206995s003lbl.pdf
To be sold by retail on prescription of a registered doctor only (Gefitinib) tablets, for oral use.
UNIGEF 250MG TABLET
Mfr: SAMARTH LIFE SCIENCES PVT LTD
GEFTIN 250MG TABLET
Mfr: KHANDELWAL LABORATORIES PVT LTD
IRESSA 250MG TABLET
Mfr: ASTRAZENECA PHARMA INDIA LTD